Deuteronomy 6:5 graphic by Kathy Grimm for Valentine’s Day, “you shall love the Lord your God with all your mind and heart and with your entire being and with all your might.”
The tenor of Scripture is that if we are in tune with the divine mind, and so are receptive of the secret whispers and suggestions of the Spirit of God, then that Spirit will first inspire in us the prayers which our Heavenly Father will consistently answer.
“Every prayer is a transaction with order. You go home with a packet of seeds for your little girl, and you take her out, and say : “This little plot shall be yours. Whatever comes of this packet of seeds shall be yours.” Now, what can come of a penny packet of seeds in all this infinite universe, with stars and systems whirling round? Beauty can come of it! Life can come of it! Why? Because your little gardener is transacting with older. She is dealing with law, and law will deal with her, and out of the seed she sows there shall come beauty to gladden her. When she kneels an hour or two later, and breathes forth from a pure heart a prayer to the eternal God for blessing upon herself and you, will you say, “What good can come of it?” Good can come of where law rules, where right is triumphant. Prayer is not a dip into a lucky bag. It is dealing with eternal law.” author unknown.
- Prayer: When No One Wants to Admit That They Have No Idea What They Are Doing… (Part 1) (joseph-grant.com)
- Daily Scripture Reflections 4/1/2012 – 4/7/2012 (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- Edith’s Bible – A Spiritual Legacy (faithfulnibbles.wordpress.com)
- Catholic Prayer Life Daily Scripture Reflections 3/25 to 3/31 (deaconjohnspace.wordpress.com)
- Is it Important to Publicly Read Scripture and Pray in Our Congregations? (christianitymatters.com)
- Prayerful Dad (theologicalbanter.com)
- Scripture Prayer Calendar (practicalpages.wordpress.com)
- Should we kneel in prayer? (immoderate.wordpress.com)
- Pray Like This… L4L.29 (pinkshoesministries.wordpress.com)
- What happens when I stop talking with God (cinhosa.wordpress.com)
I stood on the coast of England, and looked out over a stretch of oozy slime and ill-smelling mud. There were the barges high and dry, lying on their side–no matter what cargo they carried or how skillful the captain, they were on the mud. It would have availed them nothing to heave the anchor or hoist the sail. And I thought, What is the remedy? Were it any use for the corporation to pass a by-law that every citizen should bring kettles filled with water, and pour it out upon the stretch of mud?
But as I watched I saw the remedy. God turned the tide. In swept the waters of the sea, and buried the mud, and then came the breath of sweetness and life. And it flowed in about the barges, and instantly all was activity. Then heave-ho with the anchor, then hoist the sails, then forth upon some errand of good. So it is that we stand looking out upon many a dreadful evil which fills us with dismay–drunkenness, gambling, sexual impurity. Is there any remedy? And the churches, so very respectable, but, alas, high and dry on the muddy beach–for these too, what is the remedy? We want the flood-tide–the gracious outpouring of the Spirit; then must come the roused and quickened churches, the Christians transformed into Christ-like men and women who shall demand righteousness.–Mark Guy Pearce.
- Let Your Light Radiate Love: Day 30: Lent Journey (heathertiger.wordpress.com)
- Team 3: The Light of Christ Shines BRIGHTER than the Lights of Vegas! (themissionlife.wordpress.com)
- Ephesians 4v31-5v14 Our Christian Walk (boynhillbiblestudies.wordpress.com)
- The Hardest Place To Shine The Light Of Christ (fightlikegirls.wordpress.com)
- IllustrationFriday.com Challenge Shades: Part II (amokarts.wordpress.com)
- Light of the World (meexpressed.wordpress.com)
- Salt Shaker: Let Your Light Shine (virtuouswoman73.wordpress.com)
- Light (Sunday Post) (kyotzeta.wordpress.com)
“Faith laughs at impossibilities, and says “it shall be done.” Abraham’s faith was adventurous when he went out, not knowing whither he went. Every promise claimed is a promise possessed. Believe, and thou shalt see. Those who are afraid of the deep will not catch many fishes. Have the courage to “launch out.” We need pioneers in the realms of faith as well as in the dark places of earth, and no other field of exploration can ever yield such rewards, for “every place where the sole of your feet shall tread upon shall be yours.” S. S. Times.
- The Shaking of Faith (briancoatney.com)
- Let Your Light So Shine (uplifters4you.wordpress.com)
- Hebrews 11: We Are People of Faith (kingdomnewtestament.wordpress.com)
- Abraham (xtonycz.wordpress.com)
- Pressed down, shaken together, running over: Letting the light shine (evotionals.net)
- Galatians 3:18 (gracegalatians.wordpress.com)
- Faith and Works – James 2:14-26 (catholicglasses.com)
- Intuitiveness!!!!! (whatjothinks.wordpress.com)
- February 1 – A Life of Faith (lelandfleming.wordpress.com)